Wednesday, February 17, 2010

38 days, and I'm back to work!

Back to work after just over a week, and happy to be here! Really, I am! I couldn't take sitting at home unable to do much of anything much longer. My back really started to feel better on Saturday, and after Angelina's birthday party on Sunday was a little sore, but Monday I felt great, but was off for President's day, and had yesterday scheduled off to take my nephew to the Auto show. It was really a great time. They had quite a few things for the kids to do, he was in a push up contest at the Army site, and won, and got "real" dog tags with his name on them. Also won a water bottle from State Farm, and generally just had a great time getting in and out of cars. I wanted to go mostly because my lease is up in a few months and wanted to look at what was out there, already knowing that I am going to get the Nissan Cube, it's small and strange looking and completely fitting of me.


The biggest surprise for me, was a Mercedes Hybrid Crossover. I don't know what it was called, but I really liked it. Now I am usually against high end cars, and don't really see the point in spending so much money to simply go from one place to another. I also dislike trucks, vans, and SUV's and prefer compact cars due to size, mileage, emissions, and the cost of building. So needless to say that I was shocked at how much I liked this car. What I was really impressed with is was the amount of fully electric cars that were shown, and I simply cannot wait for them to be on the market. My dream of someday being completely off of foreign and domestic oil is in reach, and it's an exciting time to be around.

No comments:

 
Bookmark and Share